Best Practices

View Only
  • 1.  Dispatch Data Destination - One form to another

Posted 03-19-2024 13:35

Hi

I am considering breaking down one of my large forms into smaller more focused forms. The idea being that the user would select an option and this would transfer some data into this new form and they would complete it - this would in essence dispatch the form to themselves depending on what they see on site. The process is well documented in the Community...However, my question is:

• When the user dispatches this new form to themselves, does this process go via the TrueContext portal and then into the user's Inbox, OR
    • Will it populate the form from the Forms Folder on the device and not need to go via the Portal?

The reason for asking is that quite often our users operate in areas with little or no internet/phone signal (e.g. Scottish highlands and islands)  and may not consider this option if it will not work?

Thanks

Stephen

------------------------------
    Stephen Morrison
    Business Information and Performance Director
    BCA Insulation

• 2.  RE: Dispatch Data Destination - One form to another

Posted 03-19-2024 17:15

Hi Stephen

When you use a dispatch data destination, or even if you use Teamwork to submit an Incomplete record, both of these go through the TrueContext server before being delivered into the inbox. 

What are you trying to achieve exactly? I wonder if it could it be done with conditional logic?

Natalie Tallon
    Product Manager
    TrueContext
    ntallon@truecontext.com

• 3.  RE: Dispatch Data Destination - One form to another

Posted 03-20-2024 05:30

Natalie

We have used this form for around six years and it has grown every year as we try to capture every eventuality on site, and already use Conditional Logic on this form - it has 1,600+ questions in it. We know it is too big and one option would be to split it into multiple smaller forms that could be triggered depending on what is found on site, but the concern is over connectivity.

We will be reviewing the form with the field techs later this year and just considering the options.

Stephen

Stephen Morrison
    Business Information and Performance Director
    BCA Insulation

Reminder: Content posted to our Community is public content.  Please be careful not to post Intellectual Property that you do not have permission to share.  For more information please refer to our Terms Of Use