General Discussion

View Only
  • 1.  Repeatable Section Summary Table - How to Add Color?

Adopter
    Posted 02-15-2024 14:21

I noticed something in the video on the new TrueContext homepage and wanted to see if anyone in the community has more info.

This appears to be a repeatable section with the rows shaded green and red based on the "result" column answer. I am guessing this is related to Exceptions, but I can't find any documentation on how to set this up for a repeatable section. Any insight would be appreciated!

------------------------------
    Mark Warwick
    Gas Engineer
    PG&E

• 2.  RE: Repeatable Section Summary Table - How to Add Color?
    Best Answer

Posted 02-15-2024 15:07

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the question! This is actually really simple: it keys off of any exception in the subform being triggered. I've got an example below of the form we used to document the new Multicolumn Layout and Repeatable Sections improvements.

1. I added Exception Categories for my Button Group questions in the main form:
    2. I went to the Repeatable Section Builder for the relevant section and went into the relevant Button Group question's Properties tab and toggled on Exceptions.
    3. I added the relevant Exceptions to the question options:
    4. Here's the result shown on iOS:

Erin Longhurst
    Product Manager
    TrueContext

• 3.  RE: Repeatable Section Summary Table - How to Add Color?

Posted 02-15-2024 15:26

Hey Mark,

Just to add a couple of items to Erin's response, as mentioned in Step 2 above, you will have to have a picklist type of question (Dropdown, Radio Button, Button Group or Card List) in order to apply Exception categories to it.

Something else to consider as you are implementing this functionality on your repeatable section is how you want the highlighting to work if you have conflicting exceptions in the repeatable section. Bear in mind that in this case on mobile devices, if a page contains questions falling under multiple Exception Categories, a color indicator matching the highest priority will be shown on pages in the left navigation. The highest priority being the exception that appears first on your form's configuration; in the screenshot below the Green category is the highest priority one as it appears first in the list. In this case, a set of conflicting exceptions in the repeatable section's row would end up with a green highlight on the summary view.

David Casal Del Castillo
    Manager, Customer Success
    TrueContext
    Ottawa

• 4.  RE: Repeatable Section Summary Table - How to Add Color?

Adopter
    Posted 02-15-2024 15:31

Perfect, thank you for the quick responses Erin and David. I am looking forward to trying this out along with the other new features.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Warwick
    Gas Engineer
    PG&E

Reminder: Content posted to our Community is public content.  Please be careful not to post Intellectual Property that you do not have permission to share.  For more information please refer to our Terms Of Use