General Discussion

View Only
  • 1.  Send Resource Image in Email Body

Adopter
    Posted 11-03-2023 05:25
    Edited by Alicia Rico 11-03-2023 05:25

Hello,

is it possible to send a Resource Image in the body of an email destination? If so, how?

If not, does anybody know how to insert an image into an email destination taking into account that the image cannot be in a public resource outside ProntoForms? Using base64 is an option, but there is a limit of 8000 characters in the email body, so it is not always the right solution.

Thanks a lot

#resource image
    ------------------------------
    Alicia Rico
    CI
    Johnson Controls

• 2.  RE: Send Resource Image in Email Body

Posted 11-03-2023 17:05
    Edited by Erika Lapenat 11-03-2023 17:06

Hello Alicia, 

Thanks for your message!

If I understand correctly, there's a Resource Image in your form, and you have attached an Email Data Destination, and want to make sure the Resource Image shows through in the body of the email, is that right?

Here are the steps to make sure your Resource Image shows through in the body of your email destination:

(1) Inside the form, have your Resource Image live in its own section

(2) Inside the Resource Image question, in the General tab, make sure Hidden on reports is deselected:

(3) In the Properties tab, select for Document Visibility Settings, the first option: In Documents, always show this question and the section that contains it, even when the section has no answered questions:

(4) Save, and then Save and deploy the form

(5) In your Email Data Destination settings, click to edit, and in the Attachments tab, select Use a standard HTML Document for the body:

(6) Run a test to see if it's working as planned.
    I have tested this out on my side, and see that once I submit my form, I get the email showing the Resource Image inside the body of the email. 
    I hope this is helpful, in case there's anything else we can help out with, feel welcome to reply!
    Warmly,
    Erika

Technical Content Developer
    ProntoForms

• 3.  RE: Send Resource Image in Email Body

Adopter
    Posted 11-05-2023 19:44

Thank you Erika, I do work with Alicia.

You aproach works, But I would want to use a "custom email body".

Does it exist any way to publish the image in a public webpage or call image resouce  base64 value, as "use a standard HTML Document for the body" does.

Thank you.
    Tomás

Tomas Fernandez
    App Deployment
    Johnson Controls

Reminder: Content posted to our Community is public content.  Please be careful not to post Intellectual Property that you do not have permission to share.  For more information please refer to our Terms Of Use