General Discussion

View Only

Tech Talk: Success - Improving our Onboarding Experience

• 1.  Tech Talk: Success - Improving our Onboarding Experience

Staff
    Posted 02-15-2024 14:36
    Edited by Chris Fraser 02-15-2024 14:39

Hi everyone,

My name is Chris Fraser and I'm an Enterprise Customer Success Manager here at TrueContext. Over the past 3 months I've been working on reviewing and improving our onboarding process. With focus primarily aimed internally to date, I'm now shifting gears to look externally at how our clients view onboarding. Today's post is all about feedback and I hope to hear from as many of you as possible with your experience deploying our platform as part of your business transformation projects.

What We Mean by Onboarding

Most SaaS companies(including our own), have traditionally seen onboarding as a simple familiarization of the platform's functionality and features. While we're proud of the content we've released within the TrueContext University that now includes 5 learning paths touching on our most basic functionality right up to our most advanced features and capabilities, the question I keep asking myself is, "Does this alone make a client successful?" As a Customer Success Manager I often say to my clients, "Your Success is my Success!" While I'll admit it sounds a little cliché, I've come to the realization that the answer to that question is, "Not Always! 

The Onboarding Journey needs to mean more than just, "Our product is really cool and can do 'X'." It needs to be a helpful and insightful guide on how to leverage our platform to make your business transformation a success. From discovery and design to build and deployment, the Onboarding journey needs to guide you through your transformation project with a strong methodology and process that can be leveraged and repeated from the first implementation to every subsequent implementation in the future. After all we're not just a simple forms builder. We're a workflow automation and digitization platform.

Improving the Onboarding Experience

Whether you've been a TrueContext client for years or you're new to the platform, I'm hoping to hear from you all about your personal implementation experience(s). How did these go? What successes did you have? What struggles could be addressed and improved? What do you feel is missing from your initial implementation and what would you like to see us include to support you and/or your teams in the future?

Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas in the comments below, or you can reach out to me directly at cfraser@truecontext.com. I look forward to hearing from you and working with you all to make our onboarding experience the best it can be. 

------------------------------
    Chris Fraser
    Enterprise Customer Success Manager
    TrueContext
    ------------------------------

Reminder: Content posted to our Community is public content.  Please be careful not to post Intellectual Property that you do not have permission to share.  For more information please refer to our Terms Of Use